Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 1, 2004, 12:22 PM   #1
Default Questions before upgrading from a FinePix 3800

Well, our FinePix 3800 camera died yesterday ( see other thread ). So, I'm considering taking this opportunity to upgrade.

We've been really happy with the 3800 so far. However, we did have a lot of problems taking action shots. We've played with various settings and such, but haven't been really happy. The pics were often blurry, mostly indoor pictures. We don't know if this is just a digital camera thing or perhaps our in-experience with digitals. Anyway, are there any good recommendations for an upgrade?

We are happy with the 3.2 mp and the 6x zoom. I'd prefer to stay with something that can use the xD memory also, since I bought a 128 mg card. I haven't researched anything since I purchased this camera a year ago. So any suggestions on something newer/updated would be helpful.

Thanks again.
DustyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2004, 12:49 PM   #2

I recently upgraded from a 3800 to the S5000 and I'm thrilled. I really liked the 3800 which was my first digicam but, the ISO 100 did make indoor and action shots a challenge. The S5000 is a huge improvement.

howardka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2004, 7:15 PM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion Howard. I'll check that one out.
DustyR is offline   Reply With Quote