Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 9, 2004, 1:09 AM   #1
Default Fuji F401 language settings

My father recently returned from Japan and brought me a fuji f401 camera, unfortunately the menus are in japanese, i`ve downloaded an english manual for the camera in order to change the language in english, but i`ve realize that the language option is missing from my camera`s menu.
I want to ask you, is there any methode to flash the camera with a newer version of the software so i can change the language, and where i can find this software? Fuji will sent it to me if i mail them?
sathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2004, 5:28 AM   #2

Flashing firmware to cameras is not something that most digicam manufacturers offer - they tend to just bring out new models which fix bugs in the older one's (and sometimes add new bugs!).

You may find if you are lucky, that some special sequence of button presses brings up a service option, but I don't know how you'd get that info other than via a service centre and you might end up with a service menu in Japanese you can't understand or escape from! I suppose it's conceivable that whilst the camera may have been owned by a Japanese person, it could be sold on to an english speaker - but then language is frequently used to create price and market barriers by the manufacturers, like Dvd regions. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote