Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 19, 2002, 7:30 AM   #1
Default Telescope adaptor for Fuji 2800z?

Just purchase a Meade ETX 90 Spotting Scope and would like to attach my 2800z to the scope. Any one know if that is possible? The 2800z does not have a treaded lens opening to attach a threaded adaptor. The scope has a 26mm Super Plossi eyepiece
bobsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 26, 2002, 9:52 PM   #2
Default adapter

looks like the 3800z that is replacing the 2800z may have SOME hope for u want...maybe. I haven';t a clue..just guessing.

in the meantime...duct tape will have to do.
DigitalArtist71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2002, 4:49 PM   #3

I have a 2800Z and a birding scope, and have been thinking about this myself.
Had any luck yet bobsee?
Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2002, 12:32 AM   #4

Yes, you can do this. First you need to purchase or fabricate a mechanical device to physically hold the camera in proximity to the telescope. Next you need to buy a different eyepiece. There are several eyepieces available which have much larger ocular optics than the eyepiece you have with your Meade.

ScopeTronix makes a large one called the Max40 which would work. Also Eagle Eye in the U.K. is putting one into production, and William Optics makes one which will work also. I suggest you visit the digiscoping forum here on this site where you will be able to get more information.

Best regards,

Moderator Digiscoping Forum
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2002, 3:12 PM   #5

I almost figured asmuch. I don't know that I'll try it with my 2800z, I assume that if anything is going to budge the potentially dodgy lens out of allignment the systematic attaching and reattaching of any lens adaptor will be a likely culprit. A lower price point and click camera is perhaps a wiser way begin digiscoping in anycase.
Turk is offline   Reply With Quote