Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:10 PM   #1

Default Ben O' While.....

Not sure who is still around, or if anyone remembers me. I had the what, Fine Pix 700, I think, then bought the HS10, still have it, a few here:

But its pretty tuckered out. I'm thinking about the HS50EXR, or the SL1000, anybody shed any light on these units?

Thanks!
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2013, 1:10 AM   #2

I remember you Eddie. These are gorgeous pictures. Nothing wrong with the camera that took these!

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2013, 1:13 PM   #3

Well hey, I remember you too Hawg!

Well, the camera just locks up, won't shut off, I have to pull the batteries to get it to reboot. I also, not sure how, put a chip on the lens (at about 3 o'clock). I use it for my bead work, if you remember my wife makes sculptured beads (lampwork) and sells then online, all over the world. I often have to take well over a hundred snaps a day of her work, and its a pain in the arse to keep doing that, as well as the AF seems to be failing. I shoot the beads in a tent, camera on a tripod, in macro. For no apparent reason, after one exposure, it won't lock onto the bead again (after I turn it for a different view) I haven't changed the distance, so I don't know. I have to back it out and then edge in back in to get what I want....arg. So, yeah, I can get it to work, but its starting to consume to much of my time doing it....I must have around, if not more, 50,000 clicks on it, I got my monies worth
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote