Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:56 PM   #1

Default FujiFilm FinePix A820 Connection Trouble

I have the Fujifilm FinePix A820 Digital Camera, and has been working fine by itself but had a trouble on and off with the connection:

~ It would keep saying, "Can not recognize the Device", and I would disconnect and connect again, over and over and I could get picture from it to my lap at some point.

~ Now. since 2 weeks, I can not get it connected at all. I have reloaded MyStudio and a USB Driver, and Windows 7, but now nothing at all happens, not even that "can not recognize" message.

~ We have 2 laptops at home, and having the same problem on both.

~ I can take out the memory card and insert to the laptop directly and I can transport the pictures that way, but only in one of the laptops, other laptop has no place to insert it.

Thank you in advance.
TroublesMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:09 AM   #2
Administrator

A card reader is sometimes easier.

Your camera uses PTP (not USB Mass Storage), so you'll probably need Panasonic's software installed to see it correctly. That's pretty common anymore (using Picture-to-Picture protocols versus the camera showing up as a USB Mass Storage Device.

I'd make sure you're using a USB Port on your computer (not via a monitor or hub) so that it's getting enough power.

You may also want to install the latest firmware, driver updates and software for it and see if that solves your problems. Get those here:

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/support/S...cucatid=664260

If all else fails, just use a card reader (that's what I do to copy my images). If you shop around, you should be able to buy a USB Attached reader for under $10.
JimC is online now   Reply With Quote