Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 19, 2004, 6:58 AM   #1
Default sending "video" from s5000 via email - help

After reading the owners manual several times, I am still unclear as to how to send a 10 second clip over the internet. The manual is vague. Says I can play it on my TV but I'd like to attach a clip. Although being blonde isn't a good excuse, it's the only one I have right now. I am running Windows xp and am able to view on my pc but not sure what to do after I view it the first time. I have Windows Media Player. Maybe this is just impossible. Your answers may prevent the blonde turning into grey! Thanks! Debbie
fivefootdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2004, 11:44 AM   #2

You need to find your short movie file, which will be something like mymovie.AVI then ATTACH it just like a Word document to your email message.

However, all is not simple. First you should look at how BIG the file is which it will be! Anybody on a diallup modem will struggle to download your movie file attachment if it's bigger than about 1.5 Mbyte, (right click the file icon for properties). Also some internet service providers (particular free email) will not let you attach big files to email. Your message will go, but not your movie file attachment. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2004, 4:02 AM   #3

This can easily be done using your software that came with your Fuji.

Open your video clips with the Finepix viewer software that came with your camera. Right click one of the avi's you made and select "batch format conversion."
the one is offline   Reply With Quote