Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 16, 2004, 1:33 PM   #1
Default FinePix 3000 or 3800?

My old Kodak DC240 (1997) finally went toes up, so it is time for a new camera.

I have been looking at two.... the FinePix S3000 and the 3800. It appears that the 3800 is a better buy, while the only major difference between the two is the video capability of the 3800. Any comments on either, or other suggestions would be appreciated.

My uses would be mainly family and travel photos with some web publishing. I do my own printing.

Thanks in advance,

Petros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2004, 2:21 PM   #2

There is one tremendous difference. The 3800 offers 3MP Fine mode which significantly decreases the JPEG compression routine to produce far superior images. The 3800 and the 3000 both suffer from very poor autofocus in low light and there is no manual focus mode on either camera. For the pricerange you are in you may want tonsider the S5000 which is far more versatile than either of the two you are considering, the cost difference is only ~$50.00 US dollars.

If you go with the lower end option without a doubt the 3800 it's image quality is far superior to the 3000. If I were you I'd get the S5000, you can get it here for $294.00

Please note I do not endorse this merchant and I am in no way affilliated with them, I am only trying to help you find the lowest price on the best camera in your price range. I take no responsibility or liability if you follow this advise.
divedr is offline   Reply With Quote