Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 26, 2002, 4:38 PM   #1
Default Fireworks photos with a S602Z

Hi , I'm looking for someone that can give to me concrete end tested informations about fireworks photos techniques with the camera in subject.I've tried in manual (with Focal 10 , shutter 4 sec, manual focus) and in AUTO but with poor focusing results.
Can you help me as soon as possible ?
Many thanks
Marco - Italy
marcus0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2002, 6:29 PM   #2

I took a bunch of pictures of fireworks with the 602. I was pleased that many were enjoyable, but they certainly are not good enough to print. I set the camera on manual focus, but auto everything else. Shots were handheld on the fly -- I assume you want a tripod instead. Most images were 1/4 sec and overexposed (accoridng to exif info); Hardly tried and true, but some info for you to consider. If I remember correctly, autofocus gave crumy shots, apparent even on the lcd-- but I might be remembering that incorrectly. Also made a movie of the finale-- again, no awards, but amusing enough for rememberence. I too would be interested in a experienced reply.
reiterc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2002, 3:44 PM   #3
Default Fireworks

Came across a webpage at work. Suggested technique is ASA about 160 (keep down noise), manual focus, shutter and aperture, aperture f8, long shutter 1-1.5 seconds, CAMERA MUST BE ON TRIPOD. Use lcd to check exposure for highlight burn. Haven't found any fireworks to try out on yet. In UK it's 5 November when Guy Fawkes tried to blow up parliament!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote