Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 25, 2004, 9:02 AM   #1
Default S5000 and low light situations

Last December I bought an Olympus C-5050, and on a trip to Hawaii less than a month later it was stolen . So I am in the market for another digital camera, and while I loved my olympus, I don't really think I really need that much camera. I mostly use it for vacation pics, and am interested in becoming a more artsy photographer. I've read a lot on this camera and have really been impressed with it, and it's in the price range I'm looking at. One thing I loved about my olympus is that it really 'found the light' in low light situations-- I'm not a fan of using the flash, so that's pretty important to me. Can anyone give me any feedback in this area (or any others you'd care to mention!) on the s5000? I'd like to purchase in the next few days.

Crytl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2004, 3:15 PM   #2

I love my S5000. It does perform well in low light situations as well as in bright light. I have taken many low light pictures without the flash and with great detail. My neighbor has a 5050 and it is a great camera. I have not one gripe with the S5000 (except I payed too much to get it on day 1). Glad to see another TEXAN here!
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote