Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 6, 2004, 2:54 AM   #1
Default What can I do with Photoshop 7 and RAW formats

I don't have Photoshop CS (and never will at that price). I do have photoshop 7 - so can I use that to process RAW images ? If so, how

alan sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2004, 10:58 AM   #2

Use the Fuji raw converter to tiff. Open the tiff file with photoshop 7. You will like the results.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 5:53 PM   #3
Default You have options

Of course your one of the lucky ones to already have 7.0 which means you can order the upgrade for 169 instead of paying 650 for the program.

I have tried the program and honestly I really don't see a big advantage to it. You can download the free cs trial and Raw support patch and see for yourself its worth it to you.

The free S7Raw program does a good job after you learn the settings. It takes a while to work out the custom config since the default doesn't produce good color in certain situations.

Myself, I will stick with Fuji included software. I then use Ulead Photoimpact to make alterations. I really like the software and its price is much lower than PS. It also has some features I really like that photoshop doesn't.
hst is offline   Reply With Quote