Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 9, 2004, 2:55 PM   #1
Default fujifim s3000 image transfer

installed s3000 software but cannot get images to xfer to computer. followed directions twice but doesn't start when connected.
aconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2004, 2:20 AM   #2

Did you get any kind of error message when you installed the software, or when your first turned on the cam?

I installed the software for my S5000 this evening and I had a bear of a time but I finally got it to run. I was missing a driver, or so the computer thought. It turned out that windows just wasn't looking in the right place.

Here's how I found why mine wouldn't recognize the camera....
I finally got frustrated and right-clicked "my computer" and then clicked on properties, and device manager. I scrolled down to where it said I had a new USB storage device, but there was an indicator on it that something wasn't working right, so I highlighted it and clicked "properties" and it then told me I needed a driver for it. When I told it to update the driver, the computer told me it wasn't there. I finally got frustrated and wrote down the name of the driver, then I went to the HP website (I have an HP computer) and searched on this driver's name. The search brough up an article about someone else having the same problem, and it turned out that the computer wasn't looking in the right place for the driver file, but that it was in fact there. So I tried to re-install the driver manually, by telling it the filepath that it needed to go to and it worked like a charm.

I run windows ME, which is often quirky when installing something new, at least on my machine it is. It sounds like your computer is doing the same thing mine was.....
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote