Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 13, 2004, 9:38 PM   #1
Default My New Fuji S7000- Nights Shot Help Needed - A Bit about me

Ok so I am new to this entire professional photography thing, a little about me,

My name is Matt I live in Brisbane I am an ex-fire fighter and enjoy taking pictures of emergency related vehicles and incidents and up until Easter was using a Kodak 3200 and have taken 1000's of crappy but viewable pictures over the last year.

I wanted more zoom and a good camera, I was going to purchase the Eos 300D and probably should have but opted to save a lot of money and go for the Fuji S7000, I like it and am able to take night pictures easily and all my pics seem a hell of a lot better and the zoom is just great.

What I need to know if any one on this forum has one is how to take night pictures of things moving? I can take night pics but when some thing goes past it shows a stream of light.

Now remembering what I like to take pictures of are going to have flashing lights and will be stationary I am wondering if they will turn out well. Itís been only 3 days since I got the camera and am yet to find out.

Later in the New Year I am thinking of getting EOS and start to build a lenes collection but as I said am very happy with this so far so this may change.

Also I use ACD See to edit all my pics as this is easy and seems to give good results, is this crazy or should I just stick with it?

Any help would be great hope you are all well, Matt

PS I got $150 for my old Kodak is that good or what, I have seen them selling on E-Bay for $50
matt_au_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2004, 9:35 PM   #2

What settings are you using for you night pics now? Its the nature of the beast that low light pictures will not be able to freeze moving objects. Due to the low light, the camera must use a longer shutter speed to get enough exposure. Even a top notch SLR with a fast lens will have this problem. The best you can try is to set the cam in manual mode, adjust the aperture wide open and see how fast of a shutter speed you can use. One other thing you can try is setting the ISO to 800. With the S7000 this option is only available at 3mp I believe, ISO 800 will also give you a noisier picture. When taking night shots your chances of success will be greatly improved by the use of a tripod.
jackdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2004, 5:00 AM   #3
Default Thanks for reply

Ok I am just using the auto SP setting on the moon symbil, as stated I am a little more than a amatuer I am hope less!! anyway I am learning and your advise will help , thanks, Matt
matt_au_70 is offline   Reply With Quote