Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 14, 2002, 11:50 AM   #11
Default super ccd

Well am also considering the S602, here is what i found with my experiment. I went to DCresource to get two pictures to compare, one from the S602 at 6 mega pixel and another from a Dimage7I at 5 mega pixel, the photo was of the same house at about the same distance from the house and lighting conditions. I then resized the S602 down to same resolution as the 7I is, i then sharpened both photos and used the despeckle for noise reduction. I then compared both photos and thought the S602 was a better shot, better coulor and sharper. I then used Qimage Pro to print both photos on my Epson 780 photo printer at 8.5 by 11. The S602 is the better in my opinion, by a noticable margin.

NOW am sure the Dimage 7I owners out there are gunna ripp me a new one for saying that, buts thats how i see it.

Oh by the way i did run the 7I photo through the dimage software for the colour space conversion. Have software for S304. I also tried using the unsharp mask to make the 7I as clear as possable using Photo Shop 6.0

So in conclusion i do beleive the super CCD is doing a very good job with a 3 mega pixel sensor. The shots from the Fuji S2 are awesome too.
dc9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2002, 12:01 PM   #12

Fuji ready to come out with 5 new, may want to hold off. click link scroll to 2nd camera pictured 3800, other 4 listed below it. The 1200mx rated right up there with the cam I had as a kid that sqrited water, real whoofer.
Check these new.

Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote