Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 30, 2004, 4:26 PM   #1
Default A202 flash effects

The A202 is a craking little camera if you want something you can drop in a pocket, point-and-shoot. Or something you can lend to the kids and they can come back with pictures to be happy about not just lots of examples of how they didn't know how to work the camera.

Hey, it was free! :-)

When used in low light, the flash comes on as it should - but there are "grubby marks" on the resulting pictures. First time it happened I was shooting at a dinner party with lots of glasses on the table, I thought I'd been picking up odd reflections off them. But subsequent tests, including one picture taken in pitch dark in a field (i.e. nothing to reflect any light at all) the splotches are there.

So I'm guessing the light from the flash is getting into the lens directly. Since this is a non-zoom camera the lends doens't protrude in front of the body of the camera.

I'm wondering if I can improve the behaviour by painting the area around the lens, or the whole front of the camera, matt-black. Or maybe I should just shell out for a similar camera without the problem. :-) Trouble is. The A202 was free - hard to beat that price-performance.
ccomley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links