Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 13, 2004, 7:09 PM   #1

Hello all,

I have only posted here once before when asking about purchasing a good macro camera for my work at the airport. Since that time I have viewed this wonderful site learning all sorts of things about digital photography.:-)

Last Sunday my girlfriend/fiancee (soon) talked me into a Best Buy deal for the S3000 + free 64mb xd card......I was bummed.. ( I wanted the much better S5000 ):sad:

Since a friends wedding is coming up in a couple of weeks and pictures by us are a must...I reluctantly gave in and purchased the S3000.

Well..after playing with it since then I realized how lower in features this appears to me.The feel of it seemed made by mattel ......have to go into menu to select modes for pictures....no sound if I want a quick video.....etc,etc,etc..well I'm sure you guys know.These things I explained to GF.....which she agreed.

This evening I got paid and had an extra $100. We agreed to return S3000 and get the S5000. Now I sit here typing this evening grinning ear to ear with the new S5000. I am looking forward to a day off to go clicking away.Vermont is beautiful this time of year......

oh almost forgot....I bought a $40 fuji starter pack ( 4 1800ma NI-MH,charger,car adapter,bag,some free 4x6 paper) and was wondering where wouldI find the best 55MM UV (ordo I need polarized) lens for the adapter?

What other accessories should I consider purchasing?

stay tuned for my Saint Bernard's pics..

Vermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links