Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 9, 2002, 8:41 PM   #1
Default Fuji FinePix F601 & Dell Inspiron 8200!

I just bought a Fuji FinePix F601 digital camera. Something strange is going on so I thought I would post here before calling into Dell.

With the camera turned OFF, I connect the USB cable to my USB port and to the camera...the computer recognizes a device has just been connected to the computer but it gives me a error message saying the device caused an error with a YELLOW "!" mark...the entire message is in RED.

With the camera turned OFFI connect the USB calbe to my USB port and to the camera, I get the same error message as stated above but when I turn ON the power to the camera, the computer recognizes the device CORRECTLY as "Fuji FinePix F601" and everything is great! I can then download or upload pictures to or from my smartmedia.

This is what I don't understand. How can my computer be recognizing ANY device that is NOT turned ON? I have NEVER connected a digital camera to a computer system with the power turned OFF, and had the computer recognize that something was just connected to it, only when I turn the device ON does it do that.

So I called Fuji technical support, they had me connect it to my roomies computer...it's an older HP computer...I think an AMD Athlon 850MHZ system...anyways I connected it to that with the camera's power OFF, it recognizes the camera as the Fuji FinePix F601...this is with the camera's power turned OFF. I don't get it?

So Fuji said something was wrong with my computer since I didn't get the error message on my friends computer. We are both running Windows XP Home Edition.

I also removed the battery from the camera...NO POWER now...reconnected the cable between the camera and the computer and I STILL get the error message. Isn't this strange?!

Anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this?
BlowRim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links