Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 12, 2004, 11:27 AM   #1

Which do you think would be a better camera? My application would be traveling abroad in Western Europe.
InternationalImportersInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2004, 4:22 PM   #2

The Z2 is a more versatile camera, with 10x zoom range and image stabilization. You would lmiss less shots in different light conditions. On the other hand, Fuji offers a greater color quality, it!s amazing! And offers true 6mp images, so you can make larger prints without losing quality. I would take them both!( I own a Fuji 7000 and a Panasonic Lumix FZ10, witch offers 12x zoom range and image stabilization, at 4mp. I use them both).

bacellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2004, 10:38 PM   #3

The two cameras are so different its difficult to compare them. First off I would wait for the z3 since is seems to address some of the issues the z2 had and will be out soon.

If I absolutely needed the zoom range of the z2 that might be an option however I personnaly prefer some of the other 10x models on the market that are not Minolta cameras.

If the 10X is not the issue, for overal use, I would rate the s7000 over the z2. Great autofocus, lots of manual settings, good flash range, good low light shooting, feels solid and somewhat like a SLR, nice macro mode, decent 640x480 video, a variety of storage options for images (xD Card, Microdrive, CF), Great shot to shot times with no noticable shutter lag, very crisp images.
host is offline   Reply With Quote