Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 19, 2004, 10:52 AM   #1

I am wondering which camera to get. They each have their pros and cons in the specs and I can't really tell any difference in the image quality.

I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on brand quality or personal experiences with these cameras. Or, if any of the differences that they do have in the specs really makes a difference in performance. I am new to digital photography, but a gizmo freak so I learn how to use things fast.

What I am basically looking for is 3 or > MP, SLR like, 10x zoom, full manual control, $400 or less. Used for many different types of shots, but a lot of indoor action(not bright light, but not really dark light either)

Hyoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2004, 4:01 PM   #2

I would say, by my experience, that fuji has superior color rendition, more natural skin tones and lower noise. On the other hand, the image stabilization available in Canon and Minolta models is VERY useful in long telephoto shots. I believe both Canon and Minolta perform superbly, so you should make your choice considering the camera design and how they feel in your hands. Try them before buying.

bacellar is offline   Reply With Quote