Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 21, 2004, 3:25 AM   #1

I just got a Fuji S5000, installed the software that comes with it, when I hook the camera up to my USB, XP gives me the "ding"

It comes up as a removable device in Powerdesk (it's like Explorer) but when I go into Photoshop there's nothing under "import" What am I doing wrong here? I don't mind going into Powerdesk and manually copying over the files. But, how can I get the pop up box asking what program would I like to use to open when I hook the camera up? My Sony W1 did this every time. I haven't gotten the Fuji to do it once yet.

quebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2004, 12:57 PM   #2

When I first got my S5000 I too loaded the software but after a recent reformat I found that I did not need to at all. WinXP recognises that I have a storage device/camera installed. Then it givesthe "ding!" when I turn on my camera (after plugging in) and asks what I want to do.

I copy the files into a folder then shut camera down. I then open up the program I want to edit them with. In my case Picture It 2000 which allows me to "Get picture" and catalogs them for quicker viewing in the furture.

Vermont is offline   Reply With Quote