Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 24, 2004, 10:59 AM   #1

I was looking at the Fuji s5000 for purchase and I've noticed these "grey market" or international versions are selling for a $100.00 less. I understand that the manual isn't in english (no problem, just download one), the proper cables are not there (easy to buy one) and there isn't any batteries (rechargable AA's are a dime a dozen) . From what I can tell the biggest issue is the lack of warranty and dealing with unreputable venders. Has anyone had any experience with this kind of purchase? There has got to be other drawbacks, what are they?
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2004, 12:51 AM   #2

When you add in all the crap that can/often is stripped out of hte gray market versions...then add in the piece of mind that if there is a problem that the place you bought it from (or Fuji) will stand behind it if you should have problems with it, isn't $100 a mighty small price?

My advice, shop around and find the best deal you can from a photo place that does not reside in Brooklyn.
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote