Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 8, 2004, 9:18 PM   #1

Anyone know if i can place a polarizer fliter on S7000? and how?
which brand that i can go for????:shock::shock:
fongie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2004, 12:40 PM   #2

What you need isthe Fuji Adapter Ring AR-FX9. This adapter screws to the body of the camera and has a 55mm thread to allow the use of wide angle and telephoto lenses as well as filters.

Try searching for polorizing filters on the following 2 sites.

http://www.camerafilters.com

http://www.2filters.com

I hope this info is of some assistance.
Pava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2004, 9:41 PM   #3

Thank you, pava.

well i m not a very pro photographer...jus that i m interested. n later i will be traveling to china during their winter! so it is advisable that i go get myself a polarizer? or it is better that i adjust the colour (using photoshop) Or buying an adapter n polarizer? :O
Old Aug 10, 2004, 2:57 PM   #4

Hi fongie, being a amateur myself, I would stilltake a polarizing filter with me as they deepen the intensity of blue skies and reduce or eliminate glare. To my mind if I can "improve or balance" an image by adding a filter then I do so. I feel that if I record the best possible image I can at the time, then that is far less work to dowith editing software later.

I assume the trip to china is a one off, and if so, go well prepared. May I suggest that you visit the following web site http://www.leefilters.com and on the welcome page click lee filters UK/Worldwide icon.The vast array of filters and their uses are fully described from the drop down menus and all with before and after pics. This may help you decide on further filters to purchase before you travel to chinaand those that can wait tillafter you return.

You will need to buy the adapter in order to attach any filters. I hope my limited knowledgeis of some help. Enjoy China.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 9:11 PM   #5

Thanks for ur valuable advice!!

i m only going there early december.... i hope i will be able to get the adapter ring coz i ve ask around n it seems that fuji assor. is pretty hard to get!!
on the fuji usa website, it says " 55mm Lens Adapter Ring if you are using Telephoto or Wide Angle lenses with your FinePix 4900, 6900 or S602 digital cameras. Also useful for filter use. "
So when i m about to purchase a filter, Do i go after lens that r 55mm? i think this is a rather dumb question but i still need to confirm this!! if i m purchase the lens online, i dont have anyone to ask...so pls help!! :-)
Old Aug 10, 2004, 10:21 PM   #6

I have ordered multiple items from 2filters.com and had great service and delivery. They also sell the adapter rings for the Fuji and cheaper than the Fuji price I believe. They shipped my orders fast. I bough the 55MM adapter with a step down to 52 so I could use some lenses I want to use and the ring fit well.
host is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2004, 3:45 AM   #7

Hi

I have a Kyocera M410R and just got some filters cheap on eBay. Skylight and Polariser for about £2.50 each.

Have a look on this link for more info.
http://www.geocities.com/cokinfiltersystem/polarizer.htm

Have fun, Steve
StevePn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2004, 2:06 PM   #8

Hi fongie,

Firstly, youshould be able topurchase just the adapter as an item on its own, but here in the UK if you order the Fuji wide angle or the tele converter you get the adapter supplied with either lens.

Secondly, I have only had my S7000 for 5 days and mine has had the adapter ring fitted for 4 of those days with a UV filter in place to protect the camera lens. It's much cheaper to replace a filter than torisk damage tothe expensive optics of your camera and so far it does not appear to interfere with the auto-focus or the flash censor.

Thirdly, many of the independent manufacturers lenses that I have investigated just happen tohave a thread size of55mm, but with the addition of step up/step down rings you could fit larger or smaller threaded lenses on to the adapter.

Lastly, if you are having difficulty getting the adapter several sites selling filters also sell the adapter and at a lower price. Failing this you can always try e-bay, which is where I found several of the independent lens manufacturers selling products for the S7000. One manufacturer, Opteka,sells a complete kit containing 0.5 wide angle + 2x converter + adapter + 3 filters and all for £75.00 (approx $140). I am trying to find out about the quality of these optics, but so far I've had no feed back.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 11, 2004, 10:21 PM   #9

Pava,

I would stay away from the converter lensesyour seeing on EBay. From other threads I have read the optic are very poor quality and the lenses are really for camcorders and don't handle high resolution digicam images very well.

Most of the people I have heard from recommend either the Olympus Telephoto, Raynox Telephoto or Wide Angle and the Fuji Lenses for what its worth.
I haven't personnaly tried any of these lenses just read what others have written about them.
host is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2004, 2:06 PM   #10

Thanks for the input, it is very much appreciated.:-)I thought the price was too good to be true :sad: and the old adage "you get what you pay for" turns out to be true once more.

As you may appreciate I am a new S7000 owner (only 6 Days)and I am trying find good quality converters at a reasonable cost that compare favorably against Fuji's own offerings. I have todayvisited the Raynox site andI seem to recall Raynox being mentioned favorably several times by the members on this forum. I note too that Raynox ison your list of recommendations, so hopefully I won't be going too far wrong now.What is more I have found there is a retailer right on my door step and I will be arranging totest the Raynoxoptics and hopefully the Olympus optics on my camera to judge for myself.

I have only known about this forum for a short time, so as you may appreciate I have a host of listings to get through and much more to learn.

Once again thank you for your valuable input.