Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 3, 2004, 9:42 PM   #1

If you set the Nikon to ISO 200 the camera will be very noisy but the Fuji is at ISO so the Fuji is the Winner. If you set the Nikon to ISO 50 and compare it to the Fuji ISO 200 The Nikon has less noise. I have had a low ISO camera before and although 50 is available, your conditions if not really bright, won't allow you to shoot ISO 50 at a good shutter speed.

The 8700 is a nice camera but if I was going to 8MP I think the Oly 8080 is a better deal. It has the best picture quality of the bunch in MOA. And the reviewers rave on it as a great camera.
host is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2004, 10:14 AM   #2

Not sure that I would trust reviewers, especially when they are rawing about something in particular. I remember how their reviews pushed me away from S7000, but now I think that there is nothing wrong with it. Like any camera it has it's weaknesses and for me they weren't really that big of a deal. I would suggest trying both cameras out, comparing feature sets and proceeding from there. Good Luck.
fujifan is offline   Reply With Quote