Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 26, 2002, 2:32 PM   #11

see the other thread titled:

how many pics can a 128 xd card hold?
MentorRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2002, 7:16 PM   #12
Default What additional lense do you use for 3800?

Originally Posted by lotus999
I have used the 3800 for a couple of weeks now and I've taken more than 200 pictures.
I also have the 2X tele-converter and the 0.5X wide angle converter lenses, and I've experimented with them both.
Hi Lotus,

I need a wide-angle lense for my 3800. Fuji provides WL-FX9 which has a conversion rate of 0.79x. However, I'm looking for some 0.5x to 0.7x lenses, and hopefully cheaper than the WL-FX9.

What lenses do you use? How much are they? Do you need an additional adapter ring for the lense?

Thanks a lot!

FrankLiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2002, 11:44 PM   #13

I kinda new to this myself, but regarding blur at full telephoto, a tripod is always wise for tele shots. I have a Fuji S602 which I believe uses virtually the same lens and have had no problems with blurred pictures as a result of the zoom. However, because of the way the lens system adjusts the elements while zooming it does have a rather annoying habit of going blurry while you're zooming, but that clears up when you stop the zoom and half-press the shutter release.

Also, I read a rule of thumb somewhere that the slowest shutter speed you should use for handheld shots is equal to the recriprocal of the focal length. So at full wide angle you have a focal length of 35mm and should be able to hold a 1/30 or so shutter speed without risk of normal camera shake ruining your shot. However at full telephoto (210 mm) you should use at least 1/200 (1/250 next higher standard) if lighting permits, for handheld shots.

Well, that's my two cents
trialpha is offline   Reply With Quote