Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 12, 2002, 1:43 PM   #1
Default DX7 Firmware crash/reset? - Japanese Language shown

Hi all, I've got a friend (honest!) who's DX7 appears to have reset it's firmware after having the batteries changed , all the menu displays are in Japanese and the LCD shows a coulour bar pattern. I've done a Google groups search and found a few posts with the same problem but no answers, Fuji in the UK wand more than the camera's worth to even look at it. Has anyone had this before or knows a solution :?: . Many thanks
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2002, 3:10 PM   #2

I have absolutely no knowledge of your cam but offer some suggestions. I had this prob. with a TV once. Somewhere in the Japanese menu you might find a language choice or reset button.

So find a Japanese person and ask them first - hang around some tourist spots where they like taking pics. Try your local college. Checkout their Japanese website, if you can print stuff that looks like a user manual, do it, it might help the japanese tourist/lecturer sort your friends prob. out.

Have you tried emailing people? get some of the screens on to pc files (shoot TVout screens with another cam) and send those off. Attaching pictures to words often puts the problem into perspective! They won't want bad publicity and the pics will get the prob. noticed.

Finally, the firmware might have got itself into a test mode loop,(handy if you knew what it did!) Try removing batts. and leaving them out for an hour, then replace.

Good Luck!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote