Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 31, 2005, 8:58 PM   #11

Well i own a fujifilm finepix s3000 that i got for christmas last year and man i love it so much, Going from a Kodak Easyshare CX6200 This fuji is a dream, I Love the macro mode on it, Theres just all kinds of awesome features in it, And it looks like a pro camera, Its the one thing i have that will never let me down, I Can keep taking pictures and it will always give me a quality great looking picture, Faults i would say is that i wanted black and white pictures and sepia toning and it doesnt have it Ohh well i guess i can get past that, But such a great camera for me, Another awesome thing is the lcd viewfinder, It makes taking pictures great, And if i dont want to use the lcd viewfinder i can use the regular lcd witch is great too!, I Wouldnt give up this camera for anything, Its my lifelong companion, Taking pictures makes me happy, Especially when they come out really great, And trust me, They always do with the fujifilm finepix s3000, I Just turned 16 and im working on getting a job, So hopefully i can get one and be able to afford an even better fujifilm camera.
Drummerboy12989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2005, 1:54 AM   #12

Hello Monza, greetings from New Zealand. Some years ago I stayed in St John's there. Nfld is great. Nearly arrirved in Gander, as the SJ airport was dicey.

Anyway, I hope Annette will stick with the 2800. It is an amazing camera. I first got one about 3 years ago. Amazing quality pictures. I'd had a lifetime of using SLR film cameras. The 2800 images printed great at 8 x 10" &also at 16 x 20", even though the camera was 2mp.

Then the Fuji 602z came on the market. I had to have that, with the many manual options. Being a good Dad, I gave the 2800 to my daughter.

I love the 602, but I have to say, that after looking backat the 2800 images, they are not significantly better than the 2800 ones.

Thats all history. The 2800 is discontinued. If you still have one, I'd keep it.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2005, 8:40 PM   #13

Don't worry, my wife loves the 2800, we have several great 8"X10" prints from it, I think that in colour and sharpness it surpasses my Pentax 33L. She has one 128MB and two 64MB SmartMedia cards and two sets of NiMH batteries to get her through business trips and vacations.

Interesting what a small world it is, the maid of honour at our wedding (who has unfortunately passed away after a long battle with cancer) married a veterinarian and moved to New Zealand so we have a small link with the other side of the world.

I am looking forward to the S7000, very similar to your S602 in handling I would say.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote