Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 26, 2002, 2:30 PM   #11

I only use minor post-processing of my images for printing, as they occasionally look better with a bit of brightening. The shots with my FinePix 2800 that I submit to Pbase have no post-processing: they are straight from the camera. The only exception is my FinePix 1300 Gallery, as that camera had a tendency to underexpose if the sky was overcast (I think the ultraviolet affected the metering). I indicate at that Web site that any photo with incomplete or missing EXIF data has had minor post-processing. If you use PhotoShop and retain EXIF data, I feel you should mention that post-processing of the images was done. Otherwise, viewers may think they can get those types of shots straight from the camera with the EXIF settings as shown, which is not so. I think many prospective purchasers use the images they find on the Web to assist in selecting a camera (I did), and things like that can be somewhat misleading.
MentorRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2002, 4:07 PM   #12

MentorRon, I have added a disclaimer at the bottom of my homepage stating that all pictures have gone through various stages of post processing. It has always been my goal to create the best possible artistic interpretation of a photo rather than the initial data the camera gives to me.
Your idea of adding the disclaimer is totally appropriate. Thanks
chilese is offline   Reply With Quote