Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 2, 2005, 3:38 PM   #1

Hello all,

I'm a bit of a newby and would like to buy a couple of cost effective lenses for my S7000. However, i am slightly confused as to what will fit.

I would like a Telephoto and Wide Angle Lens and i was wondering if someone could let me know what is the best value for money solution.

SYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2005, 9:00 PM   #2

Try 2filters.com. They have some great lenses and charts that show what you can use even if your not purchasing from them.

You'll need a 55MM Fuji Adapter tube because that is the thread size on the existing lense. You can get ones that step down to different sizes depending on the lenes you choose. I have bought several things from 2filters and they have arrived quickly and with no issues at all. There are some other great providers this is just the one I use.

host is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 12:32 PM   #3

Thanks for the advice but i am based in the UK. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a UK based company?

SYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 7:07 PM   #4

Hey Simon,

Search on http://www.ebay.co.uk - I search for 's7000 lens' and '55mm filters' and get loads of hits.

They do combiations of lenses with the above adapter ring, pick one with the best postage offers or whatever - some are from Taiwan.

I have the s7000, My name is also Simon. - Very capabable camera! Hope this helps.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 4:51 PM   #5

camerafilters.com is another fine source for filters, adapter tubes and rings, plus assorted other items ... I like the sticky pad with a string that keeps my lens cap from getting lost.

As pointed out, an adapter tube is needed. I use both a 55-55 mmm and a 55 -52 mm tube plus 55-52 mm step down, 52-49 mm stepdown rings. I have an Olympus55 mm TCON-17 teleconverter (1.7X), and a 49 mm Kenko VC-200 HI (2X)teleconverter. I have found most any combination of tubes, filters and teteconverters to be just about equal. The TCON was about $105 USD and the Kenko was about $90 USD. At $100 USD, I'd pick the TCON.

You can see some comparsion at

Good Luck, and . . .

Mappy Shooting !

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote