Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 31, 2005, 1:37 PM   #1

I have a A203 which have suddenly developed the following problem:

When I change the AA (penlight) NiMH batteries, even if I do it quickly, the camera loses the time, calendar and other settings. Does this camera have something like a lithium watch battery inside? Nothing like that is mentioned in the manual, it specifically mentions not to ever open the camera casing.

Is it worth opening the camera to try and look for a battery I can replace, or would that be looking for trouble?

Leon Treurnich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:43 PM   #2

I wouldn't open the camera. Most of the Fujis have a capacitor that stores power during battery changes. It's supposed to maintain power for up to 6 hous. Probably less on the smaller cameras. Are you removing completely "dead" batteries or when an indicator comes on?

The problem could be faulty batteries, dirty terminalsor the capacitor went bad. :sad:

Make sure the battery terminals in the camera are clean, insert fresh batteries, set your optionsand let it set for five minutes. Pull the batteries out then reinsert. Check you options. If they've reset, the capacitor is probably bad and should be repaired by a Fuji service center.
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote