Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 8, 2005, 6:26 PM   #11

Same here, on a brand new 5100. I think it's normal...err... as normal as it can be. I was a bit worried myself till i read this thread
countzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 4:15 PM   #12

Just thought this might be a useful confirmation. I am so particular, so when I discovered the shag wobble and "thunking" noise of the lens, I went gonzo!

First, I fired off an email to the friendly folks at Fuji. Here is their reply for your edification:

DearMichael, Thank you for contacting Fujifilm USA. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance. Please be advised thebarrel on the Fine Pix S5100 Digital Camera will have a little play to allow the lens to freely move in and out. If you are not satisfied with your Fine Pix S5100 Digital camera, you may send your camera directly into us for an evaluation. For information regarding repair, warranty, estimate or turn-around time questions, please contact our Camera Repair Department at 1-800-659-3854.

Hope this is helpful for some of you. If your a perfectionist like me, it consoles, but doesn't satisfy.

mccroskey is offline   Reply With Quote