Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 27, 2005, 10:08 PM   #1

I have had my Fijifilm Finepixs S5100 for a couple of months. Ihaven't been able to get the results I would like when trying to shot at full zoom (10x) while trying to focus on the birds in my yard, especially the small ones. The AF tends to focus more on the background and the bird comes out a blur. I have taken some that turned out really well but not sure how I did it! I do use a tripod.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I have examples of the good, bad, and ugly if anyone would like to see the results.
labirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2005, 10:18 PM   #2

Are you pushing the "shutter release" button down halfway and giving the camera a chance to focus? The focus capability of the 5100 is supurb. I've never had a problem with focus--Even when the bird and a small branch was the only thing in the frame. It could be that the background has more contrast than the subject.

If that's the case, learn to use the manual focus. It's a little clumbsy at first but once you get the hang of it, MF mode is a snap.
CCWKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 10:01 PM   #3

Try playing around with the apeture as well.
crazydrummer4562 is offline   Reply With Quote