Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 25, 2002, 7:48 PM   #1
Default Help! Finepix 3800 software problems!

Hi! I just got a Finepix 3800 for Christmas but I have a major problem!!!! I have tried 3 times to install the software to my computer (P4, 1.4 mhz processor) but it doesn't work! My computer is only 1 year old and relatively modern, I have Windows Me software.

I know my PC is compatible but when I install the software and it says installation complete, I go to the icon that says Finepix Viewer and it won't open when I double click. Did this happen to anyone? The other icons that were downloaded during installation (how to use and imagemixer vcd) work fine. This is a real bummer as I am unable to download my pictures to my PC without having to saveas into a folder (which is a BIG PAIN AND DEFEATS THE PURPOSE)!!

Is there a number I can call for software support? I bought through the link on this site for Ritzcamera. Can they help? Thanks for helping me!
billd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2002, 3:37 PM   #2

Have you downloaded the USB driver and viewer software from the Fuji Website. It might be a newer version than what you have. Maybe there's diff versions for Windows 98, Me, 2000, etc.
You need to have BOTH the USB driver AND FinePix viewer installed unless you have Windows XP.
MentorRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2002, 4:20 PM   #3

Once you have the usb driver installed, you can plug in the cam and see it listed under My Computer as another drive with its own letter. You don't need anything else to copy files off the card, just treat it like another drive.

I don't use the Finepix Software anymore, but I seem to remember that when it's correctly installed there is an entry in System device Manager listing. Not sure if it was under discs or usb controllers, but it was there until I bought a card reader and chucked out the Fuji stuff.

PS: I just plugged in my cam, Win98SE reported building driver database, and an entry appeared in Device Manager-Universal Serial Bus Controllers "FinePix Digital Camera" Switch the cam off and the entry goes away, like Ping Pong.

Some people have probs. with usb plug and play and solve them with BIOS upgrades. Good Luck.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2003, 11:11 AM   #4

I have the Fuji 3800 also. It's my first Digital camera and I just love it!!!! I have Windows 98 and the software just popped right up! All the guys on this site are wonderful, they can get you set up and going.

imzaxmom is offline   Reply With Quote