Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 30, 2005, 11:33 PM   #1

Hi to all. I have recently found this site and browsed the posts on the S7000 andwant to say thanks to all for so much good information on this camera.

I am finally getting my footing in shooting with my S7000. I am shooting largely, group shots of African American subjects in Church and Hotel Banquet settings. I am now getting good success shooting on M(anual) and using the Command Dial tobalance the Exposure Indicator. In addition, I have the Image Disp Set to Preview before saving pics.

My problem is that the LCD Display always shows a perfect picture and the Info of the picture show that the data Histogram is also good. But, when I return to my computer to download, view, or to my printer for direct printing, I continue to get a much darker picture than I had any idea about. My LCD display is deceiving me, otherwise I would change my settings during the shoot. Anyone else have this trouble? What can I do about it? Thanks.

Barbara, Nashville
picturethis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2005, 8:39 PM   #2

I believe that you can adjust the contrast or brightness of the LCD monitor on the 7000 (but I don't have mine in front of me right now). However your 7000 LCD screen may also be correct, but your computer monitor might be off. There are several monitor/printer calibration programs(usually coming with a suction cup for the monitor). Something like that would definatly tell you the root of your problem.
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 9:31 AM   #3

Thanks Basement Shows. I am using the Pantone Color Plus calibration system. Again, this problem persisit even in printing directly from the card.

I have searched the Set Menu looking for a feature to adjust the brightness of the LCD and have not been succesful in locating this. Need further help, please. Thanks.
picturethis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:41 AM   #4

You can alter the brightness of the LCD display by pressing the SHIFTbutton (round the left side of the camera) and the DISP button.

I've got mine set at 4 dots up.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 5:55 PM   #5

Although I have found the live histogram of little or no use the playback and playback histogram are reasonably accurate. I do not have any explanation for your results but I would suggest that you bracket your shots by about +2/3 stop and see what the results show.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote