Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 19, 2003, 5:47 PM   #11

I think I have confused you somewhere! My 602 has the Fuji extension tube, on to which screws their WCON wide angle adapter lens. The cams zoom lens moves co-axially inside the extension tube - totally protected within the tube.

Their WA lens lens has no thread, just a nice big wide ring on which they push their plastic protection cap (just like binoculars).

So what I need is a push on make of hood (possibly rubber?) (which doesn't vignette) to push on my lens---- Got it?
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2003, 1:20 AM   #12

Yes, that's what I finally realized, so everything I said in my last post above is my recommendation (unless you get some better ideas). The same thing applies to anyone owning a 3800. The problem is less complex with the tele add-on lens, as the field of view becomes quite narrow. Again, experimentation with a make-shift tube is best, since you can take lots of trial pictures at no cost. Unfortunately, a straight tube would have to be shorter than an angled tube, unless it is made as wide as the widest end of the angled one. If you want a straight tube to be only the diameter of the wide angle add-on's front element, then it will have to be VERY short. On my 18mm, it's about 1/4 inch long and angled (i.e. useless)!!! It's main function is to protect the convex front element from hitting anything :-)
MentorRon is offline   Reply With Quote