Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 9, 2005, 9:55 AM   #1

when i tried taking photos in Aperture mode, i am getting lot of noise. And it is horrible to see as wallpaper in my computer. I have uploaded a picture which i taken.

Attached Images
madhavram is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2005, 11:36 AM   #2

The graininess in your photograph is because you shot it at ISO 400. Using Photoshop, I was able to compensate for that to a certain degree. But I think the other problem is that your dragonfly, which I think is the subject of interest, is dominated by the foliage in the photograph. I don't think you got close enough. I looked at the EXIF data, and it appears that you were in normal, auto mode. I just think you need to work on your macro photography skills some more. I cannot give you any pointers because I don't do macro photography. Perhaps someone else can help you in that regard.
Attached Images
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 12:15 PM   #3

jphess has hit on the big problem, high ISO.

When shooting macro try to get a close as possible in order to frame you subject tightly, use Aperture priority to get the smallest aperture to increase your DOF, and use a camera support such as a tripod or a monopod to reduce blur.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote