Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 22, 2003, 3:37 AM   #1
Default S602Z Problem with BLUR zoom image, how to solve ?

Dear all,
I found negative comments about blur picture quality for zoom images using Finepix S602Z in many websites. I found it myself as well. When we zoom the image, it looks focus (using autofocus) but the result is BLUR, not focus at all.

To whom that solved this problem, please your tips !

Best Regards,
rustam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2003, 5:30 AM   #2

Could be as simple as putting the cam on a tripod, if the shutter speed is too slow. Can't tell if you're refering to blur due to camera shake, lack of auto-focus, zoom tracking or all these.

Don't forget the 602 has lots of zoom (both sorts) and the centre cut-out magnifier to help check focus. When I'm half pressing the shutter and hear that lens motor wirring, and see what appears to be a sharp pic, I usually get one if the cam is stable and there are no warnings. Play the cam zoom like a trombone and things might go wrong!

Check the EXIF data on these blurred pics for AF or slow shutter warnings.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2003, 12:51 AM   #3

I'll try. Thanks Buddy ! :lol:
rustam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2003, 9:15 AM   #4

I had a similar occurrence the other night with out of focus images. I inadvertently switched the AF/MF switch to manual focus. Something I always check now. I've only had it for a few days and am still getting used to all the switches and menus.

After having two Nikon digital cameras previously, I'm very happy with the S602 and it's photo quality.
Trader Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2003, 1:11 PM   #5

The reviews by Steve and Dpreview say that the Fuji 602Z and the Nikon 5700 both have problems focusing in "low light" because they lack an AF assist lamp.

First Question: What constitutes "low light" for the purposes of this evaluation?

2nd Question: Do you have specific examples where you have run into this problem and how have you addressed it?

Dano is offline   Reply With Quote