Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 19, 2005, 10:56 AM   #11

Oops, double post!
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 12:15 PM   #12

Andy T wrote:
When is the best time to buy the latest gadget.. The S9500 has just come out and goodness knows I want one, but is it worth waiting for the first 'price drop'?

Now is a good time, you have plenty of nice cameras coming...

gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 1:00 PM   #13

Now is the time.. I always was impulsive.

For those of us in the UK, there are 51 S9500s in stock for £460 incl VAT

Probably a US grey import, but my S7000 was a US import from eBuyer, and Fuji UK were more than happy to register it (and offer extended warranty).

My credit card is twitching...
Andy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2005, 1:59 PM   #14

This is my first post on these forums and maybe it's a funny place for a thanks but I'm going to say it anyway, "Thanks!". What for? Well let me digress a moment, I used to shoot the odd roll of film off on my (now very creaky) Mamiya 500TL, and my interest in photography faded as other things in life reared their heads. A couple of Christmases back I jumped back into photography in a small way by getting a Canon PowerShot A300. It's been quite restrictive (but therefore also a challenge) to get good shots with but it's been a fantastic introduction to digital photgraphy. A couple of months back I started getting the itch again, you know the one, you just have to get out there and start shooting! I headed out to some nearby woodland and after a few hours had a nice mix of shots. Sadly, when I checked them out in detail the A300 had struggled with some of the more complex shadows. What's the saying?Horses for courses! I needed to move up the ladder a bit! Not wanting todive into the digital-SLRmarket right away I had a look around at various reviewsand realised that a mid ranged megazoom might be theanswer to my needs (cost, smaller bag(!) etc.). I was really struggling with what seemed to be a very large and fast moving market, then I stumbled across these forums. I've been reading them for a couple of months and the discussion has been so very informative. So much so that I think I'm about tobuy an S9500 and that you've all helped shape my decision! So here's that thanks again, "Thanks!"
Salopian is offline   Reply With Quote