Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 28, 2005, 8:34 PM   #1

The specs on this new camera seem unusually attractive. Hope Steve will review it, along with the Fuji s9000 soon. Both cameras are supposed to be on the market in October. I'm in the market for a replacement for my Sony 828 and both of these cameras interest me.
dtilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2005, 4:10 AM   #2

The Samsung seems to have "all" bells and whistles apart from Image Stabilization.

The Fuji also does not have Image Stabilization but where the Fuji stops at 300mm, the Samsung goes up to 420mm.

The Samsung is a rather heavy camera and must eat some batteries quickly with its 2 LCDs, including 2 first Worldwide (1st 3.5" LCD and 1st top LCD).

The strong point of the Samsung isthese 2 LCDs. With this 3.5", you can really delete and edit pictures without waitingto transfer them on a PC. Very nice

Note it's the 1st attempt of Samsung on this market.

But also consider Samsung is a company in a startup mode, constantly trying to improve performances of product and maximize satisfaction of customer...

So let give them a chance.

In the UK, the Samsung is listed on one site only and availability not yet confirmed

Whereas the Fuji has already been bought by Brit members of this forum:

I am still more tempted by the Fuji this time...

But next batch of cameras will be an interesting match with Samsung coming with bold innovations and shaking a quiet and conservative market with its refreshing products.

gaul is offline   Reply With Quote