Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:27 AM   #1

Hi all

As possible purchaser of s9500, I searched Fuji FAQ's for maximum hotshoe voltage but could only find details for earlier cameras. Below is the replyreceived fromFuji.

Regarding your correspondence:
  • What is the maximum voltage that can be applied across the s9500 hotshoe for use with non-dedicated electronic flashguns?
The following response has been made:

Thank you for contacting Fujifilm UK.

The maximum voltage the camera can accept is 400 volts.
Sincerely, Fujifilm

Looks like s9000/s9500 follows general Fujiarrangement and joinsother Fuji camerasthat can be used with olderflash guns. Get the old guns recharged and flashing!

Just wish RAW was included on the F button, also less agressivecompression for jpg's. Better still, selectable as normal, fine, superfine as in Canons.
MartinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:38 AM   #2

It is amazing how much the S9000 sounds like the S7000, same marvelous flash system which allows us to scour our closets (and ebay) for cheap monster flash units, and the same complaints about compression choices and switching from jpeg to RAW.

Although they have gone for a new look, and gotten rid of the silly extending lens, the only real improvements are in areas where they were needed most such as speed of operation and a manual zoom. I have even noticed many of the same comments in the early reviews that I read in the early S7000 reviews. Like the S7000 before it this will probably be a camera its owners love but reviewers never quite figure out.

I use a Vivitar 285 with remote sensor and a Stroboframe camera tilt handle with my S7000. I also use a small Vivitar 2000 bounce unit directly on the hot shoe at times, it isn't much more powerful than the built in flash but it is tall enough to clear the filter adapter and lens hood (for close up shots), it is tall enough to avoid red eye and it can be bounced. These would make excellent choices with an S9000 as well.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote