Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 28, 2005, 6:55 AM   #21

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Andy-

The link takes you to nothing at all. Perhaps you should spend some time on your website/link.

MT

When you say nothing what did you get?
Andy_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 8:37 AM   #22

Who are you trying to kid! Jessops stores have never price matched with web offers, particularly not with Dabs''remarkable' (some may say verging on the fictitious!)offers.

To all those whose priority is to save £50 or £60, take care.

It took 2 exchanges with my local camera store before I got my hands on a 9500 that takes a decent photograph. First 2 were dreadful - c**p color, lousy focusing (My 4th Fuji model over 5 years, never had this before- get a grip of quality control, Fuji!).

Camera World,albeit not the cheapest advertised price, swapped them out without a moments hesitation (I also got an incredible deal on a 1Gb fuji xd card). Try returning something of this value to Dabs and other web retailers and see: a) how much you spend on postage & insurance b) how long you're withoutyour new camera for.

Sometimes cheapest does not equal best, particularly when it comes to customer service. In a few years there won't be any high street stores where all you tight wads can go to try out the new products before taking your custom to the web. Think about it.

Tim1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 1:01 PM   #23

Sorry - forgot to say last post was in response to Conquistador's comments above!
Tim1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 1:16 PM   #24

pr126, nice to see you had your camera in 24H from http://www.cameras2u.comas I recommended this retailer to a few relatives.

I am confident they can match and better the level of service of many high-street retailers and that you will have a nice experience with them.

Customer service at http://www.cameras2u.comis simply awesome.

One word defines them: CUSTOMER FACING

See their contacts page http://www.cameras2u.com/info/contact/with the Manager's personal email address and of course address, phone #.

Good guarantee IMO.

pr126, what's your feedback on them?
gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 1:36 PM   #25

I am very pleased with the service, but I have not commented yet on their website.

I think I should.

Bit concerned that a few people here had to send back their 9500 because of faults,or faults that developed after a short time.

Hopefully mine is from a later batch (53Q58...)

Sofar, I am happy with my new toy.

click here for my gallery.

Edit: sent favorable comment to the firm.

pr126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 7:44 PM   #26

Tim1341 wrote:
Quote:
Who are you trying to kid! Jessops stores have never price matched with web offers, particularly not with Dabs''remarkable' (some may say verging on the fictitious!)offers.
Quote:
I might have agreed with you except I did get mine within 2 days at the price I wanted not just £50 -£60 but a whole £100 and as I said if I had ordered earlier that week it could have been £150 cheaper.

To all those whose priority is to save £50 or £60, take care.

It took 2 exchanges with my local camera store before I got my hands on a 9500 that takes a decent photograph. First 2 were dreadful - c**p color, lousy focusing (My 4th Fuji model over 5 years, never had this before- get a grip of quality control, Fuji!).
Quote:
You pays your money and takes your chance

Camera World,albeit not the cheapest advertised price, swapped them out without a moments hesitation (I also got an incredible deal on a 1Gb fuji xd card). Try returning something of this value to Dabs and other web retailers and see: a) how much you spend on postage & insurance b) how long you're withoutyour new camera for.
Quote:
How much was your deal on an XD card I paid £55 for mine from E-Bay genuine Fuji M series card works perfectly well in both my Fuji camera's

Sometimes cheapest does not equal best, particularly when it comes to customer service. In a few years there won't be any high street stores where all you tight wads can go to try out the new products before taking your custom to the web. Think about it.
Quote:
Never tried a digital camera out in a shop never felt the need to either personally I think its nice that we have the choice and far from denigrating some one for how they buy their kit why don't you try contributing something positive instead
Andy_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 4:03 PM   #27

Funny old Dabs. Still no stock of the 9500 for over a month, but I saw today the price gone up by nearly £40.00 since. I wonder those who ordered then, (and still waiting) will pay the original £400.00 or the new price?

I have cancelled my order from them some time ago, and got it for £406.00 incl pp from Cameras2U. :G

pr126 is offline   Reply With Quote