Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 11, 2003, 6:00 PM   #1
Default Fuji FinePix A101 - Date settings

Hi there. When I first started taking pictures with this camera, I would download the images to my hard drive, and they would be listed by Date/file number(I liked the date being listed also). Now they are listed just by file number. I was playing with it, to get familiar with the menu settings, and I wonder if I changed something, which I can't seem to find now.

ajchatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2003, 1:16 PM   #2
Default How to use FinePix Viewer to retain image quality

The ability to save by date/time stamp is provided in FinePix Viewer. If you use that program to download to the PC, it has a Settings/Automatic Save Settings/Rename function in it's tool bar. There is a windowed menu within Rename that allows you to select several naming formats including date and number. I have found I get slightly sharper saved copies if I save to HD using Automatic Save than if I double click on each thumbnail image, then say Save As in the new window. I think the Save As re-calculates the compression of the already compressed image, as the file size changes very slightly (up or down) on HD as compared to the SmartMedia card image. If I use Automatic Save, the file sizes are identical and there is no loss of detail. I then rotate images where necessary AFTER I save to HD. (It took me over a year to learn this lesson, so all my older images are slightly less than the ultimate resolution.)
MentorRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2003, 7:44 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply MentorRon. Duh! I can't believe that I missed that. Happy shooting....
ajchatel is offline   Reply With Quote