Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 13, 2005, 1:23 PM   #1

For all those who don't mind buying via mail order, Argos are currently offering 20% discount on all digital cameras, which brings their price of 9500's down to £400.

This is quite a bit cheaper than Dabs (£436) who still don't have any in stock!
Tim1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2005, 2:04 PM   #2

Phoned Argos on Friday night to order one. Was told, I needed to go to a store because I wanted to use some Nectar points as part payment. They wouldn't reserve one, but said they were in stock.

Went to a store first thing on Saturday only to be told they didn't have any stock. Niether did the 6 other most localstores. They also said they would not be getting any more stock.

Seems like a con to get you into the store. I'm getting fed up of on-line stores advertising cheap prices in the full knowledges that they have no stock and that the price will increase once they do.

Doc_Croc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 7:48 PM   #3

An update for you.

Ive just joined the Fuji 9500 club, bought a 9500 from PC World, new price is £399, same as Argos, but without having to P+P, so you save £5 on the argos price. Curry's and Dixons should also have it at this price as they are run by the same group.

Price advertised instore was £499, when i asked if they could price match with Argos, the guy checked and told me that the price had been lowered to £399.

Fuji 9500 is excellent, onlygot mine on saturday, but wow:|
gothiquity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 8:18 PM   #4

Good shooting with your S9500 !!!!

Regards, Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 5:29 PM   #5

Hi first post here!!!!

Bought 9500 on thursday from currys!!! £499.99

Saturday night read a post on another forum about price drop. Went and checked currys website £399.99 - Argos £399.99 - had everything printed out for currys rep in case of any problems.

Walked in to currys - saw sales rep - 10 mins l8r - walked out with £110 inpocket!!!

All thanks to the web LOL!!!

joe90bentley is offline   Reply With Quote