Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 23, 2003, 4:44 PM   #1
Default Faulty Camera or Dust in the Lens?

I have noticed on my new FujiFilm FinePix A204 that the pictures all have a dark mark at the top left hand corner a bit like a fingermark and is particularly noticeable in photography with blue sky in the place the mark is . It is always in the same place and unaffected by settings.

I have cleaned the lens with a soft optical cloth but the mark is still there. Any ideas please as I am getting fed up editing the marks out in PSP? Is there any way I could get a sample pic on here so people can see it?
MorseLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 23, 2003, 9:58 PM   #2

If your camera is new, then I suggest you get it replaced. Regardless of the fault, you paid for a camera that is in perfect condition.

Good luck,
Rodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2003, 10:39 PM   #3

I had a similar situation with a FinePix 1300, but it was the glass lens protector that had a small "ding" in it like you get on car windshields from flying rocks (it was a demo model). It only showed up when there was a clear blue sky in that portion of the image,and darkened the image there like a fingerprint as you say.
See: http://www.pbase.com/image/7348169
The mark (at "original" size) is about 1 inch down from top and 2 inches from right edge.
You could barely see the ding with the naked eye: you had to get the light reflected off the glass properly and view it with a small magnifier. Fuji swapped it for a newer Finepix 2300 (refurbished) as they were unable to find a replacement front plate for the 1300.
MentorRon is offline   Reply With Quote