Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 24, 2005, 8:48 PM   #1

Would anyone out there know why the Apeture of the 7000 still continue to adjust when coupled to an eyepiece and Telescope.?As soon as you start to zoom to avoid vignetting,the field of view gets progressibly worse and doesnt improve until you go into the Digital Zoom which messes up the resolution.I have everything set to full manual control,but I can hear the lens working while zooming,and the field gets worse.
I enjoy doing Astronomy and taking pictures of the night sky,but this is frustrating.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Les Swaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2005, 12:58 AM   #2

I tried taking photos of the night sky with my Fujifilm S5500, the max exposureis 15 sec and the image was infact very good at wide angle.I can capture the bright orion nebula and of couse the faint stars. I don't have to stack the image.

I never try of fitting the camera to a telecopse with an adapter but I think any digital camera should be ok for astrophography (shots of planets etc) just remember that a cheap webcam can give a very good astrophoto. But if you are serious about it I would recommend Canon EOS 20Da which has been reviewed as digital camera for astronomy.

I just get my Fujifilm S9500, so I try to post images of the night sky capture with this camera.
hazarry is offline   Reply With Quote