Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 5, 2006, 8:07 AM   #1

can anyone tell me what the advantages of the s7000 and the s20 pro are over the s602 zoom ?

im trying to buy a second hand camera im a student an have a limited budget i want a camera to learn the craft on i am currently a total novice but am interested greatly in photography.

i have found all the cameras second hand the s602
i can find for about £110 but the s7000 and s20 pro i cant find for less than £215 are they realy worth the extra money?

i also found that some of these cameras include a 1.5 telephoto lens these camera seem to be about £40 more is the lens wor5th an extra £40

if anyone can help this would be great

simonv400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2006, 4:35 PM   #2

All three of the cameras you have listed have excellent qualities, you do need to be swayed by your budget though, the s602 is excellent, be aware that there can be problems with dust on the CCDand can cost about£150 to fix, this problem can happen to other makes of digital cameras also. using a filter can reduce the chances of this happening, if the extra zoom lens is a genuine fuji lens then an extra 40 quid is well spent. have a look at the reviews and open your wallet, be aware that when the s602 first came out it cost in excess of £400 and the lens cost £100, so for £150 quid you will have a fantasticbit of kit

Ady_pitt is offline   Reply With Quote