Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 16, 2006, 3:18 AM   #11

thanks tbcass, I appreciate it.

and about the fence shot, I will try those tips.

Aaronss9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 11:41 PM   #12

Are you using a tripod? How about a cable release for the shutter. I know, its my soapbox "thing" but I am amazed at how many people don't use these tools. They add more to the "snap"to a shot than any other adjustment, unless your specifically going for an affect. A good ball head tripod is only about $125.00 here in Canada, so it would be much less in the States. A cable release is maybe $25.00. Oh and if you haven't already done so, get a "sky filter' or UV filter. It will add to your shots as well as protect your lens. Dont leave home without these tools and you will never regret it.

Your compositions are good, thats the most important thing. As Ansel Adams says, "a sharp picture of a fuzzy concept...."

Getting a nice motion in the water is tricky, but you have done that well. I like the fact that you are exploring different angles, such as placing the camera down on the fence and on the tracks. I agree, the fence is not the best, but experiment and havefun, its almost there.
Gillesgc is offline   Reply With Quote