Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 11, 2006, 9:21 AM   #1

After much dossing around with my new s9500i turned my attention to the super macro mode. after much experimentation i found a way to further enhance the size of the macro pictures without a dedicated macro converter. What you have to do is line up another lens to the fuji lens.

Set your s9500 up on a tripod , extend the zoom to the full 300mm.
Place your 135mm horizontally on a table right at the edge so that the big end of the lens is pointoing towards the edge of the table as if it were about to jump off. tape it in place so that it doesnt. oh an fully open the aperture.
Bring your s9500 (on the tripod) up to the 135mm lens so that the filter threads are touching (gently). Make sure the lenses dont touch and be careful.
Introduce your macro subject to the rear end of the 135mm lens as close as possible, autofocus wont work so in order to focus the image, you need to move the subject towards and away from the rear of the 135mm lens in very small incriments. You shouldnow see a huge image of your subject that completely fills the lcd screen!

Sort of like having a huge magnifying glass in front of your lens. im not sure if anyones done this yet with the s9500, but i will post some pictures asap.
Toshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2006, 9:04 AM   #2

they make male thread x male thread adapters to do what you say
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote