Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 28, 2006, 5:14 AM   #1

anybody can help me which is good either fuji s9000 or panasonic fz 30 to purchase with merits \demerits

thanks for any suggestion

kumar v is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2006, 8:03 AM   #2

Do a search of the Fuji and Panasonic forums as this question has been discussed at length.
I too seeked out the answer to that question before I bought my S9500.
Both cameras have got qualities of their own.
Find out what you need and what you can do without and good luck with your decision.
BTW there are lot of reviews of both these cameras on the net. Check them out.

Edster77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 11:15 AM   #3

The S9000 is a wonderful camera to own. I'm past the stage of finding all the secrets of this camera. I even brought it to my friend photo lab to see what big size I could print, he spent hours to show me prints from the S9000 compare with other cameras with different photo paper. The S9000 is not available for display in stores so only you can not test drive it, only the real owner knows the camera. Looking at the pictures online is part of story, you have to see the real prints with your own eyes.

What camera at this price below $600 give you high flash sync, accept high trigger voltage flash up to 400V, I tested all the flash guns I have in my arsenal. I shoot 90% with flash, I mostlly use the Sunpak 383 for indoor bounce I thought I know enough until yesterday by accident this Sunpak gave me a good surprise. The S9000 with the Minolta VF flash meter is a joy to work with, bought it from the money I made with the camera.

I'm now spending time looking for my next camera for the weddings. People love the portrait pictures from the S9000, they want me to go back to the wedding, can't refuse them all. Using the S9000 toguide me to a good DSLR, bypassing those current ones on the market. Can't wait tobring the S9000 to the biggameworking side by side with mynext big gun DSLR, I already modified it beyond recognition. Nikon came out with the D200, lets see what Canon and Fuji come up with. The S9000 has a unique focus assist lamp very few explore extensively this feature. A polarized filter is a good filter to use on the S9000, it can do more than just filters reflecting surfaceon the subject especially working with multi exposures of this camera. Before buying the S9000 I had in mind the Panasonic FZ30was my second choice if it failed my expectation. The FZ30 gives you AS feature for steady shots if it is what you're looking for, the S9000 give you Fuji color. Wedding photographers are dying for Nikon to use Fuji sensor but so far this hasn't happened yet. Actually I start to hate the S9000, people keep calling me at work, some call in the middle of the night asking when they can get their pictures printed.:sad:

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote