Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 18, 2003, 8:52 PM   #1
Default Problem with Finepix4500 lens cover

hello, im having a problem with my Fujifilm Finepix 4500 camera. i purchased the camera in Japan and the warrenty is actually invalid outside of Japan so i cant send the camera away for repair.
I get one of the two following problems: !FOCUS ERROR or !LENS COVER. The actual lens cover is broken but i dont know if this is a mechanical or electrical problem. The Camera cannot focus and hence cannot take a photograph. Is this a common problem and can it be easily be fixed? i need to fix the problem myself as i cant send the camera away for repair. Cheers Kye
KyeJefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2008, 5:35 PM   #2

DOes any know how to get a replacement users manual for a FUGIFILM FinePix4500. Thanks for your time
sueloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 6:13 PM   #3

Congratulations sue,

I think you just shattered the existing record for untimely responses to posts here...5 years, 4 1/2 months! I wonder if Kye is still hanging around, waiting for an answer?

What's even more surprising is that you still have that camera...release date October, 2000 - wow - that's unbelievable!

I couldn't find any information about it on the Fuji US site...did you buy it in Japan by any chance?

You might try shooting Fuji an email...maybe they can find something for you.

Good luck with your search.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2008, 7:36 PM   #4

after my son and daughter in law dropped the 3800 i had given them in the sand (last year) they returned it to me - broken - whirring - unable to focus - shutting itself down - wah wah wah

i sprayed the 'frozen' lens assembly (not the glass itself) with wd40, gave it a few judicious 'bangs' and 'raps' and it now works perfectly

i keep it as my backup to the s7000 which is the second to my KM 7D

yay -> fuji
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote