Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:00 PM   #1

At the Fuji Mall there is a listing for an accessory that is a USB cable release for the S20 Pro /S9000. I would presume it would be for tethered shutter release action. Cost is $79.95 and the software to make it work the Hyper Utilit software is only $99.95 :? Personally, I think it's a typo, an incorrect listing for the Fuji S9000. But, thought I'd get some opinions on here if someone has actually bought it and tried it or found out differently. Did Steve ever find it out in the review of the S9000? or is this just a pie-in-the-sky sort of a thing for the S9000 and geared more toward the S20 Pro?

The Winemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:00 PM   #2

So did I, Vern (thought typo). But here is Fuji's response to my e-mail inquiry:

Dear Jim,

Thank you for contacting Fujifilm, USA's Contact Center. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

You may purchase the USB cable release for your Fujifilm S9000 Digital Camera on-line by visiting http://www.fujifilmmall.com/product.asp?sku=2783757 or by phone through our Digital Camera Parts Department by calling 1-866-289-3854. Please inquire with the above for pricing, availability, and shipping information. This product was made internally which is why it is not listed as an accessory. It was manufactured after the release of the Finepix S9000. It works with no problems. We use them here all the time.

We sincerely hope that this information has been beneficial to you. If you should have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again. It would be our pleasure to assist you.

Contact Support Agent 147
Fujifilm Contact Center
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote