Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 25, 2006, 9:31 AM   #1

I have owned 13 digital cameras in the past 2 years. My favorite was the S5000. I also shortly owned the S5100. I am happy with the natural light mode and the fixed lens on the S5200. The picture quality is fantastic. The negatives for me with the S5200 are the auto pop up flash ( I loved the manual flash on the earlier S cameras). There is also no flash output control. The new menu system is "new" and takes a bit to get used to it.

Overall the camera is great. ISO 400 pictures come out great in a 4x6 ( this is all I have printed at present ) with low noise. RAF files are easily converted & altered in PS CS2 with a free plugin. The larger LCD is a nice upgrade too. AF lamp is bigger and brighter. This camera put the Kodak P850 I had to shame in every area. Like all other S models it feels great in your hand like a camera should.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2006, 1:29 PM   #2

Please tell me more of your experience with the fuji s5200. I am considering that camera or a Panasonic FZ7. My daughter is a gymnast and I will be taking many indoor shots, some with poor lighting. I do need the zoom. Other than those, it will be for family snapshots, vacations, etc.

ctackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 9:46 PM   #3

I'm not the original poster, but have just acquired a S5200; here are a couple grabs from yesterday, ISO200; 5F resolution, a little sharpening in Picasa:

Entire gallery is here:

My only complaint, and this is relevant for you, is that I have had some problems with slow or inaccurate low light focusing.

FastEddie is offline   Reply With Quote